Kia Joorabchian sends message to Arsenal and Chelsea over Philippe Coutinho’s stance Philippe Coutinho has been offered to Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester United (Getty Images)‘It may not happen this year, it may happen this year, we don’t know. We have not discussed anything for now.’AdvertisementAdvertisementJoorabchian also denied reports which claim that Barcelona are demanding a £10m loan fee for Coutinho, and are also asking clubs to fully cover the 27-year-old’s £250,000-a-week salary.More: FootballRio Ferdinand urges Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to drop Manchester United starChelsea defender Fikayo Tomori reveals why he made U-turn over transfer deadline day moveMikel Arteta rates Thomas Partey’s chances of making his Arsenal debut vs Man City‘I have never heard those figures,’ he said.‘None of these numbers have ever been discussed.’Follow Metro Sport across our social channels, on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. For more stories like this, check our sport page. Metro Sport ReporterMonday 1 Jun 2020 12:22 pmShare this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via messengerShare this with Share this article via emailShare this article via flipboardCopy link5.6kShares Advertisement Comment Advertisement Philippe Coutinho could be returning to the Premier League this summer (Getty Images)Philippe Coutinho is keen to return to the Premier League with Barcelona offering the midfielder to Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester United and Tottenham.The Brazil international has been on loan at Bayern Munich for the season but the German club will not be making his move permanent in the next transfer window.Barcelona are open to offloading their £140 million signing from Liverpool this summer and have reportedly offered the player to several clubs across Europe.And Kia Joorabchian admits Coutinho is open to returning to England’s top flight.ADVERTISEMENT‘He has a desire to come back to the Premier League at some point,’ Joorabchian told Sky Sports.
McCoy bows out having been crowned the leading rider for the last 20 seasons, with the trophy awarded for one final time before his ride in the Celebration Chase earlier in the afternoon. A total of 4,357 career winners have been banked since he first struck gold with Legal Steps at Thurles in March 1992, with Capard King giving him a final triumph at Ayr on April 17. He has set reams of records during that time, most notably posting an incredible 289 winners in the 2001-2 season, surpassing Sir Gordon Richards’ long-standing record of 269 victories. McCoy said: “I’ve been very lucky and very blessed to have the life I’ve had. What I’d say to the young lads in the weighing room is to enjoy every minute of it. I’m a little embarrassed by everything’s that’s gone on and I feel very privileged. I wish it could go on a little longer. “I’m sure someone will beat them (his record-breaking achievements) but I hope it’s not any time soon.” McCoy has yet to announce what he will do next, but admits his next challenge will be transitioning to life outside of the weighing room. He said: “The biggest regret is that I don’t have any qualifications. Training is not an option and I don’t do comebacks. I have been in racing so long it will take a little while to get out of that regime and start to eat like a normal person. “From my own personal point of view, announcing it when I did was the best thing for me.” McCoy is a renowned Arsenal fan and hopes to make a few more trips to the Emirates Stadium now he is no longer required on track every weekend. He said: “The last time I had an Arsenal season ticket I only went to about two games. I seem to go more often when I don’t have one. The club have been very good to me in getting me tickets sorted when I want one.” Referring to Box Office’s third place, O’Neill joked: “The way he rode that, he’ll never ride for me again! “He’s the greatest man in the game. He’s good to work with, a true professional. What I can say does not justify how great he is. We will not see the like of him again.” Winning rider Richard Johnson has continually finished runner-up in the title race to McCoy and paid an emotional tribute to his long-time rival and friend. He said: “It’s a sad day. He’s been one of my best friends for a long time. It’s great to ride a winner but it’s an amazing day for him, he’s the one we should look at today. “He’s been a great friend and to work with, I couldn’t sit next to a better fellow. Twenty years of good memories and we will still be friends for a long time.” McCoy also finished third on his penultimate ride aboard Mr Mole in the bet365 AP McCoy Celebration Chase. He raced prominently on the Paul Nicholls-trained runner but the writing was on the wall as he began to push along at the third-last fence as eventual winner Special Tiara kicked for home. While Mr Mole kept on at the one pace, McCoy could not reel back the 3-1 favourite, who ran out a six-length victor. McCoy was given a thunderous reception upon his return from the track with Mr Mole, and said: “This is all way beyond my expectations. I’ve had a great way of life for the last 25 years, and working with great people has made it that much more enjoyable.” The crowds cheered McCoy from the moment he entered the paddock to mount the 5-2 favourite, applauding him past the stands on the way to the start of the two-and-a-half-mile heat. Another shout of approval heralded the start, with McCoy settling Box Office towards the rear in the early stages before he started to manoeuvre across the track as the race began in earnest. However, despite travelling well three flights from home, the Jonjo O’Neill-trained runner found little under pressure and had to settle for a place behind Brother Tedd (9-1). Press Association Tony McCoy had to settle for third aboard Box Office on the final ride of his career in the bet365 Handicap Hurdle at Sandown. A tearful McCoy said: “It’s amazing. I’ve been so lucky all my life. I’ll never forget this day.” He was mobbed by fervent racegoers upon his return from the track, where he was given a hero’s welcome. “It’s been a very emotional day and thanks to everyone for coming,” he said. “It’s fantastic, it’s very special. I would like to thank all the racing public for coming here. It’s a day I’ll never forget.” McCoy admitted he had endured a sleepless night ahead of his final hurrah. He said: “I have kind of been getting used to it over the last couple of weeks and that is the reason I haven’t ridden much over the last couple of weeks – to get me used to retirement. “Last night was probably the only time in 40 years that I have not slept and I am a very good sleeper.” The 40-year-old’s departure marks the end of his long domination of the National Hunt sphere, which yielded 31 Cheltenham Festival winners as well as two Gold Cups and one famous Grand National success.
The Handball National Team of BiH celebrated in qualifiers for the World Cup that will be played in Germany and Denmark in 2019. They won against the National Team of Switzerland in St. Gallen with the score 24:21.Our national team was better at the opening of the match and after just three minutes, Vegar and Vranjes scored two goals (2: 0). Swiss team scored their first goal in the fifth minute of the match. Von Deschwanden was the most eager in the ranks of Swiss team at the opening of the match, and after 12 minutes, the result was 4: 4.We managed to get the advantage in the first half of the match with the score 7: 6, but the opponents scored two goals just ten minutes before the end of the first half (10: 8). They defended their advantage until the end of the first half. However, we managed to equalize the score with goals of Vranjes and Ovcina, and we went on the break with the score 12:12.We had two goals of advantage just ten minutes before the end of the match. Tarabochi scored and brought a great advantage to our team. There were no goals in the next five minutes of the match. Marco Tarabochi scored three goals just four minutes before the end of the match. Two minutes before the end we came to a plus three (23:20). We managed to preserve our advantage and celebrated with the result 24:21.The most effective player in the ranks of our national team was Marin Vegar with six goals. Our team will play the last match of qualifications in Tuzla on January 13.(Source: Radiosarajevo.ba)
Former DFB Presidents Theo Zwanziger and Wolfgang Niersbach, as well as former FIFA Secretary General Urs Linsi are accused of fraud. In addition, former DFB Secretary General Horst Schmidt is accused of being an accessory to fraud.They are all accused by the The DFB’s allegedly irregular payment to FIFA of 6.7 million euros in 2005. The money was recorded as a contribution to a World Cup gala that never took place.In 2002, the chairman of the World Cup organizing committee, Franz Beckenbauer, received a loan for the same amount from businessman Robert Louis-Dreyfus that ended up in the bank accounts of FIFA’s chief financial officer at the time, Mohamed bin Hammam. The trial for undue payments related to the concession to Germany of the 2006 World Cup will end without a verdict, since the Swiss Federal Criminal Court has extended the suspension of the case until next Monday, the day when the statute of limitations for the charges runs out.The court’s decision to extend the suspension due to the coronavirus outbreak did not mention any plans to resume the proceedings. The trial is against FIFA and against four former directors of the German Football Federation (DFB).