Tag: 苏州美女最多的酒吧

WHO: confirmation of H5N1 awaited in 2 Indonesian cases

first_imgJul 21, 2005 (CIDRAP News) – The World Health Organization (WHO) announced today that only one of three deaths blamed on avian influenza in Indonesia this week is known so far to have been caused by the disease, saying test results are still awaited in the other two cases.Meanwhile, the Indonesian government promised to take firmer measures to control the virus, which began killing poultry in the nation in 2003 but had caused no human deaths until now.Indonesian officials announced yesterday that a 38-year-old man and his two young daughters were the nation’s first H5N1 avian flu victims. The WHO said tests have confirmed that the man died of the illness. The daughters “died of severe pneumonia illness compatible with H5N1 infection,” but confirmation was not yet available in their cases, the agency said.”Limited samples were available from the 8-year-old daughter who died on 14 July, and the 1-year-old daughter who died on 9 July,” the WHO said. Previous reports had listed the older daughter as being 9 years old.The three victims lived near Jakarta. The 8-year-old fell ill on Jun 24 and was hospitalized Jun 28, the WHO said. The 1-year-old became ill Jun 29, and the father’s symptoms began Jul 2. He died Jul 12 after about 5 days of hospitalization.Samples from the father tested positive for H5N1 in WHO reference laboratories at the University of Hong Kong and at the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Atlanta, the WHO said. Samples from the two children were still being tested.Besides being Indonesia’s first H5N1 deaths, the cases have raised concern about possible human-to-human transmission of the virus, because the three victims had no known contact with infected poultry.Agence France-Presse (AFP) reported today that Indonesian officials promised to take stronger measures to control avian flu and admitted that they should have culled more poultry in past efforts.Health Minister Siti Fadillah Supari said an outbreak occurred in April at a pig and chicken farm 9 miles from where the family lived, but only limited culling was done there, the AFP story said. Supari said it was possible that the victims were infected by the virus from the farm.The story didn’t specify whether the farm was one of several where pigs were found to be carrying the virus, as the government reported to the World Organization for Animal Health (OIE) in May. The farms were in the Tangerang district, where the three victims lived.Supari said the poultry and pigs “should have been destroyed but it wasn’t the case at that time because some of them were vaccinated,” AFP reported.She promised the government would take firm action, including culling, surveillance of people who might have been in affected areas, preparation of hospitals to treat patients, and an information campaign about the virus.Agriculture Minister Anton Apriyanto said his agency would destroy animals on two pig farms in Tangerang and compensate the owners, according to a state news agency report cited by AFP. He said the ministry was allocating the equivalent of $10.7 million in emergency funds to tackle the disease.Supari said 21 provinces have had avian flu outbreaks since 2003, the latest in North Sumatra; Jambi, part of Sumatra; and Banten, which includes Tangerang, the AFP report said.The WHO said it was working with the Indonesian government and US Naval Medical Research Unit 2 to find potential sources of infection in the Indonesian cases.Supari said about 300 people who had possible contact with the victims still have shown no signs of illness, AFP reported.In other developments, the H5N1 virus was found in processed frozen duck meat shipped from China to Japan in 2003, according to an Associated Press (AP) report based on an article published online by the journal Virology.The WHO said this was not the first time the virus had been found in processed meat, but added that the finding demonstrates the virus’s toughness and widespread occurrence in Asian poultry flocks, the AP reported.See also:WHO statementhttp://www.who.int/csr/don/2005_07_21a/en/index.htmllast_img read more

Man Utd, Tottenham battle Arsenal for Barca defender

first_img Promoted ContentHow Good The CGI Effects In Those Movies Were!You’ve Only Seen Such Colorful Hairdos In A Handful Of AnimeShe Managed To Change The Lives Of Pakistan Women8 Ways Drones Will Automate Our Future10 Risky Jobs Some Women Do7 Black Hole Facts That Will Change Your View Of The UniverseHow Most Popular Food In The World Came To Be8 Most Interesting Sylvester Stallone MoviesWho Is The Most Powerful Woman On Earth?14 Hilarious Comics Made By Women You Need To Follow Right Now11 Most Immersive Game To Play On Your Table TopWhich Country Is The Most Romantic In The World? Manchester United and Tottenham have joined Arsenal in the race to sign Barcelona defender Samuel Umtiti, according to reports.Advertisement The French star, 26, has featured just seven times for the Catalan giants this season. He has struggled with a foot injury and knee problems but even when available has often been overlooked by Ernesto Valverde in favour of Clement Lenglet to play alongside Gerard Pique.And it is now thought Barca would be open to the idea of selling the centre-back, especially with 20-year-old Jean-Clair Todibo waiting in the wings to take his chance.According to El Desmarque, the three Premier League clubs are all interested in making a move for Umtiti to bolster their back lines.Manchester United suffered a blow with Harry Maguire tearing a hip muscle while Eric Bailly and Axel Tuanzebe are also currently unavailable for first-team action.Spurs’ defensive woes have continued under Jose Mourinho and, with Jan Vertonghen out of contract in the summer, a new centre-back will surely be high on the Special One’s wishlist.And Arsenal continue to struggle at the back – not helped by the long-term injury which has ruled Calum Chambers out until next season.It is thought Umtiti’s game would be well-suited to the Premier League, where he would have plenty of compatriots to help settle him in, such as Paul Pogba, Moussa Sissoko and Alexandre Lacazette.center_img Loading… Read Also:Barcelona won’t let Chilean star join Inter MilanAnd his World Cup-winning experience, as well as the two La Liga titles he has won at the Nou Camp, would be a valuable addition to all three sides.Umtiti excited Arsenal fans on New Year’s Day, with many believing he would be joining the Gunners.He was at the Emirates for the clash with Manchester United and uploaded a post to Instagram, letting his 6.6m followers be teased.FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 last_img read more