US House Of Representatives Speaker Nancy Pelosi has endorsed Joe Biden for president, according to a video statement released by her on Monday.Pelosi’s endorsement of the Democratic presidential candidate and former vice president follows that of US Senators Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders, former president Barack Obama and former presidential candidate Al Gore, who all threw their support behind Biden earlier this month.Biden had hinted he might choose a woman as his vice presidential running mate if he is picked as the party’s nominee, committed to doing so during his debate with rival Bernie Sanders on Sunday.”If I’m elected president, my Cabinet, my administration, will look like the country, and I commit that I will in fact appoint and pick a woman as vice president. There are a number of women who are qualified to be president tomorrow. I would pick a woman as my vice president,” Biden said.Topics :
More from newsLand grab sees 12 Sandstone Lakes homesites sell in a week21 Jun 2020Tropical haven walking distance from the surf9 Oct 201918 Freya Court, Newport.“We don’t lock the door but if someone wanted to, they could,” Mrs Vella said.“Someone may want to buy the house and have someone rent it out.”She said it was the perfect living arrangement for their family because everyone had their own quiet space. 18 Freya Court, Newport.It was what enticed Lyn and Jim Vella to buy the property more than seven years ago.Mrs Vella said she and her husband had been using the apartment, while their daughter and grandson shared the house.There is a door between the two living areas, with access to a shared laundry and the three-car garage and carport. 18 Freya Court, Newport.SPACE and tranquillity make this modern home ideal for big families or buyers wanting to rent out part of the house.The 765sq m property, at 18 Freya Court, offers dual living, with five bedrooms in the main two-storey house and two in the attached apartment. 18 Freya Court, Newport.She said the suburb was a lovely area to live, with the beach, parks, Peninsula Fair Shopping Centre and train station close by.“I think this area has got the best of everything,” she said.“The beach is only five minutes away, and we can (see) the Glass House Mountains.“I’m sure someone will love it just as much as we do.”The home also has a shed in the backyard, solar power and a solar powered hot water system. 18 Freya Court, Newport.But the saltwater swimming pool with a spa and outdoor entertaining area were her favourite features of the property.“I do love the pool area because it’s a nice, big pool … and our outdoor area (because) it’s all screened,” Mrs Vella said.“It’s wonderful during seven months of the year when we love to eat out there on a balmy night.”
“It definitely works and the big thing is, it gets engagement from children,” he said.“I think it’s something that will become more the norm.”Most of the time the agency uses owners’ pets but Mr Willcox said they partnered up with the Animal Welfare League at one point to help find pooches a permanent home.A Palm Beach property PDR Nationwide agent Michael Power is marketing includes two dogs in its photos but he said it wasn’t planned. MORE NEWS: Could this home set a new trend for Aussie backyards? MORE: Gone in five days as investors surge Finding Narnia without stepping into the wardrobe The curly critter featured in the photos for 12 Winch Court, Mermaid Waters, blends into its surroundings.He swore by the strategy, explaining puppy power had attracted a lot of attention to, and even helped sell, some properties. How an apartment fetched a premium despite price falls More from news02:37International architect Desmond Brooks selling luxury beach villa10 hours ago02:37Gold Coast property: Sovereign Islands mega mansion hits market with $16m price tag1 day ago MORE NEWS: Have your smashed avo and eat it to Video Player is loading.Play VideoPlayNext playlist itemMuteCurrent Time 0:00/Duration 1:38Loaded: 0%Stream Type LIVESeek to live, currently playing liveLIVERemaining Time -1:38 Playback Rate1xChaptersChaptersDescriptionsdescriptions off, selectedCaptionscaptions settings, opens captions settings dialogcaptions off, selectedQuality Levels720p720pHD540p540p360p360p270p270pAutoA, selectedAudio Tracken (Main), selectedFullscreenThis is a modal window.Beginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.TextColorWhiteBlackRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentTransparentWindowColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyTransparentSemi-TransparentOpaqueFont Size50%75%100%125%150%175%200%300%400%Text Edge StyleNoneRaisedDepressedUniformDropshadowFont FamilyProportional Sans-SerifMonospace Sans-SerifProportional SerifMonospace SerifCasualScriptSmall CapsReset restore all settings to the default valuesDoneClose Modal DialogEnd of dialog window.This is a modal window. This modal can be closed by pressing the Escape key or activating the close button.Close Modal DialogThis is a modal window. This modal can be closed by pressing the Escape key or activating the close button.PlayMuteCurrent Time 0:00/Duration 0:00Loaded: 0%Stream Type LIVESeek to live, currently playing liveLIVERemaining Time -0:00 Playback Rate1xFullscreen5 tips for first home buyers01:39 The dogs in the marketing photos for 137 Allambi Ave, Broadbeach Waters, helped sell the property.STAGED photos are supposed to show off the best features of a property when it hits the market but furry friends are increasingly stealing the show.Whether it be a marketing tactic or purely coincidental, more Gold Coast agents are including cats and dogs in their listings.Lambert Willcox Estate Agents director Jesse Willcox said his team had been doing it for years.“The general ethos was … how do you make a property look as comfortable and inviting as possible?” he said.“Pets are like family, why not put them in the photos.“For us, it’s a lot of fun.” This tiny pooch at 96 Mallawa Drive, Palm Beach, makes the house look comfortable and welcoming.“It’s one of those things where we had to make a decision at the time,” he said.“We made the decision on the spot seeing that (the dogs) were already there and wanted to be in the photos.“We could have not included them but we thought they looked cute.”He said some vendors preferred traditional photos while others wanted their beloved pet pooches to be the star of the show.It is not just canines getting all the attention though.A Bengal cat has stolen the limelight in photos for a Tweed Heads apartment Sophie Carter Exclusive Properties director Sophie Carter is marketing.“She was just happy to be there,” she said. In true cat style, the Bengal photographed at 12/2-4 Boundary Lane, Tweed Heads, wants the spotlight.After struggling to move a labrador for photos a few years ago, Ms Carter has learnt to embrace family pets.“He just wouldn’t move,” she said.“The owners loved the photos and the buyers as well were really receptive to it.“There sort of seems to be something about family pets that softens photos.”
3News 4 January 2014Kiwis need to be aware of new law changes from today, including new Warrant of Fitness (WoF) rules, along with changes to the Education Act which allow teachers to search students for dangerous items.Changes to the Education Act also come into force today, allowing teachers to search students they suspect are carrying dangerous items.“They will be able to search bags if they have reasonable belief that there’s something there that could cause harm,” says search and seizure working party chair Patrick Walsh.Teachers will be able to search students’ lockers, bags and outer garments for dangerous items, but that doesn’t include pat-downs.“We have had issues in schools where a minority of students have brought drugs into the schools, we’ve had weapons, and we’ve also had the scourge of cyber-bullying which has led to a number of suicides,” says Mr Walsh.http://www.3news.co.nz/New-laws-affect-drivers-students-teachers/tabid/1607/articleID/326940/Default.aspx
Chinese President Xi Jinping is on a visit to the United states, one that is widely seen as a move to strengthen relations between the two countries.Global attention has been put on the possible cooperation between China and the United States as well as on how they will address their differences.Xi Jinping has expressed his country’s readiness to cooperate with the US on various issues and to ensure the two work together.
BACOLOD City – Around 579 members of the Kapatiran para sa ProgresibongPanlipunan Inc. (Kapatiran) have received P50,000 each as livelihood assistancefrom the national government during a ceremony in Talisay City, Negros Occidentalon Friday. As part of the former rebels’ socio-economic reintegration, theLivelihood Settlement Grants provide each profiled member P50,000 to supportthe establishment and continuity of one’s livelihood. Colonel Inocencio Pasaporte, commander of the Philippine Army’s 303rdInfantry Brigade, said the release of the livelihood assistance to the formerrebels clearly manifests the government’s commitment to fulfill its peaceagreement with the group. The RPM-P/RPA-ABB, which signed a peace agreement with the governmenton Dec. 6, 2000, split into two – the TPG led by Veronica Tabara and StephenPaduano, and the Nilo dela Cruz Group. Only the TPG continued the process offinalizing a draft closure agreement with the government. He was joined by Tabara, who chairs the Kapatiran, in witnessing thedistribution of the livelihood grants with Galvez, Social Welfare undersecretaryRene Glen Paje and Defense undersecretary Cesar Yano.(With a report from PNA/PN) Presidential Peace Adviser Carlito Galvez Jr. said the nationalgovernment has plans and programs for the organization after going through along and difficult journey toward peace. “Our government aims to give a better life for the members of theKapatiran,” he added. Paduano, former national commander of the RPA-ABB and now arepresentative of Abang Lingkod Party-list, urged the Kapatiran members tosustain the gains of the peace process. “It took us 23 years, and today is the first phase of the livelihoodassistance of the government. We cannot afford to lose this opportunity to showthe world that indeed, we can achieve lasting peace in the country,” Paduano saidin a statement released by the OPPAP. In Feb. 1996, breakaway members of the New People’s Army (NPA) NegrosRegional Party formed the RPM-P, and in April, the group announced theformation of the RPA as its military arm. The following year, the Nilo delaCruz-led ABB joined forces with the RPA. The Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) and the Officeof the Presidential Adviser on the Peace Process (OPAPP) released a total of P30.65million in livelihood grants – of which P24.85 million went to 463 recipientsfrom Negros Occidental, and P5.8 million for the 116 members from the PanayIsland. The RPM-P/RPA-ABB TPG took on the name Kapatiran para sa ProgresibongPanlipunan Inc. as part of its institutional transformation. The recipients are former combatants of the Rebolusyonaryong Partido ngManggagawa-Pilipinas/Revolutionary Proletarian Army/Alex Boncayao Brigade(RPM-P/RPA/ABB) under the Tabara-Paduano Group (TPG) based in Negros Occidentaland Panay Island, which is finalizing the closure of its peace agreement withthe government. During their decommissioning in Capiz last September, the formercombatants also received immediate cash assistance of P25,000 each.
The suspect was detained in the lockup facility of the Talisay City police station, facing charges for violation of Republic Act 9165, or the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002./PN Resident Andro Medel, 42, yielded the suspected illegal drugs, a police report showed. BACOLOD City – Suspected shabu weighing about eight grams valued at around P54,000 was seized in a buy-bust operation in Barangay Barangay E. Lopez, Silay City, Negros Occidental. Medel was caught after he sold suspected shabu to an undercover cop for P4,000 around 2:05 p.m. on July 1.
Indianapolis, In. — Recently, state senator Jean Leising met with members of the Franklin County Farm Bureau at the Indiana Statehouse. The talked about a wide range of issue agriculture issues important to residents of Franklin County.State Sen. Jean Leising, Republican from Oldenburg, second from front right; pictured from front left: Marissa Richardson, Darlene Kohlsdorf, Leising and Casie Conley. Pictured from back left: Doug Krieger, Roger Bommer, Eric Roberts and Kermit Paris.
Watford have pulled out of the race to sign Italian defender Davide Santon from Inter Milan. The Barclays Premier League newcomers had opened talks with Inter last month in a bid to lure the former Newcastle player back to England. However, the 24-year-old full-back has turned down a move to Vicarage Road. Press Association “I can say that the deal is now off the table and negotiations will not continue,” Hornets owner Gino Pozzo told www.fcinternews.it. “I see no particular enthusiasm in the lad, despite all the time that we gave him to reflect and evaluate the deal.” Santon, a youth product of Inter, returned to the Italian club in January on loan from Newcastle and made nine league appearances for the Nerazzurri. Inter made Santon’s move a permanent one last month once the player’s contract with the Magpies had expired. Santon is under contract with Inter until June 2018 and is eager to remain at the club next season. “At this point it doesn’t seem logical to put pressure on the player,” Pozzo said. “It’s a pity because we had an agreement on everything but Santon doesn’t want to leave Inter.” Watford, who gained promotion to the top flight after finishing second in The Championship last season, have now switched focus to Inter’s French midfielder Saphir Taider. Taider, 23, has two years left on his contract in Milan. The Algerian international spent last season on loan at Serie A side Sassuolo. “Right now we cannot talk about a proper negotiation,” Pozzo said. “For the time being it’s a possibility that we are all evaluating. We do like the player.”
For all the Latest Sports News News, Cricket News News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps. New Delhi: Ravi Shastri has lashed out at critics who are stating that MS Dhoni should walk away from the game and give the youngsters a chance. The former India cricket team skipper has not played since the end of the semi-final of the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 where India lost to New Zealand. The head coach of the Indian cricket team, in an exclusive interview to Times of India, has said people are commenting on Dhoni as they do not have enough talking points. Apart from Dhoni, the head coach also spoke about giving the team a secure environment where they do not have to worry about their places.”Half the guys commenting on MS Dhoni can’t even tie their shoelaces. Look at what he’s achieved for the country. Why are people in a hurry to see him off? Maybe, they don’t find enough talking points. He and everybody who knows him know he’ll be going away soon. After 15 years of playing for India, wouldn’t he know what’s the right thing to do? So, let it happen when it has to. Making statements at his expense is downright disrespectful. MS Dhoni has earned the right to retire when he wants to. And let this debate end once and for all,” Shastri said. Shastri, who took over as the coach of the Indian cricket team after Anil Kumble’s departure from the side following the end of the 2017 ICC Champions Trophy, has constantly chopped and changed the team in all formats. However, Shastri reiterated that the team management will ensure everyone is on the same page when it comes to decision. “The point I’m making here is that it is extremely important for players to be given a long rope. Constant chopping and changing, without letting the players know what’s going right or wrong for them is not correct. Virat shares the same vision,” Shastri said.India cricket is dominating on the field but off the field, there has been massive changes with Sourav Ganguly, the former India cricket team captain, appointed the president of the BCCI. During the coach selection interview process in 2016, Ganguly and Shastri had a major falling out. However, Shastri heaped praise on Ganguly’s appointment and said Indian cricket is moving in the right direction.Also Read | We Are Moving On, MS Dhoni Endorses Our View: MSK Prasad, Chief Selector”His appointment is an indication that Indian cricket is moving in the right direction. He’s always been a natural leader. When someone like him – who already dipped his feet into cricket administration four or five years ago – takes over as president of the BCCI, it’s a win-win for Indian cricket. These are difficult times for the Board and there’s a lot of work to do to bring BCCI back on the path of glory,” Shastri added.