To access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week. Would you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletters
Raymond Noble, of Harrison, Ohio and formerly of Sunman, Indiana was born on October 18, 1944 in Ison, Kentucky a son to Bent and Perlecy Jean Combest Noble. He moved to Sunman as a young child, graduated from Sunman High School and later married Gloria Jeanne Kuhr on July 20, 1968. Ray worked for and later retired from Cummins Engine Company after 32 years. He served his country with the United States Army and the Army National Guard. Ray was a member of the New Testament Baptist Church at Penntown, the Sunman American Legion Kenneth Diver Post #337, the Sunman Masonic Lodge #590, and the Ripley County Fraternal Order of Police William Rayner Lodge #177. In his spare time he enjoyed tracing the family tree, watching sporting events and more than anything he cherished spending time with his family and making memories. On Sunday, April 12, 2020 at the age of 75, Ray entered his eternal life, surrounded by his family.Those surviving who will cherish Ray’s memory include his wife of over 51 years, Gloria (Kuhr) Noble; sons, Steve Noble of Sunman, and Brian (Amanda) Noble of West Harrison; grandchildren, RayAnn Noble of Greensburg and Tayler Noble of Terre Haute; one brother, Corbett Noble; two sisters, Nova (Bob) Rutherford and Daisy Collins, and several cousins, nieces and nephews. He was preceded in death by his parents and a brother, Robert Noble.Due to the current governor’s mandate regarding public gatherings, the services will be private for the immediate family and burial will be in St. Paul Cemetery. A celebration of life will be planned at a later date by the family.Please visit www.cookrosenberger.com to utilize the online guestbook for Ray and to share personal memories with his family. Memorial contributions can be forwarded to Sunman Rescue 20 at PO Box 55, Sunman IN 47012; Sunman American Legion #337 at 412 Eastern Ave. Sunman, IN 47012; Sunman Masonic Lodge #590 at P.O. Box 87 Sunman, IN 47012. The staff of Cook Rosenberger Funeral Home is honored to care for the family of Ray Noble.
Taylor Swift’s dad is reportedly not hurt after he recently fought a burglar who broke into his $4 million Florida penthouse, according to the Tampa Bay Times.The paper reported that Scott Swift returned to his home in the Vinoy Place Towers in St. Petersburg on Jan. 17 just moments after 30-year-old Terrence Hoover allegedly used an emergency escape stairwell to climb 13 floors and broke in.The men reportedly fought before Hoover ran away, according to police records. Hoover has a lengthy arrest record that includes domestic violence by strangulation, aggravated battery, burglary, aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and kidnapping and false imprisonment, the paper said.Swift picked Hoover out of a photo lineup and police say Hoover called them to report the altercation. Hoover could not be found, however, until last week, when he was arrested on burglary charges. He was being held Monday on $50,000 bond.Taylor Swift was not with her father and it is unclear whether the intruder targeted the home. The 30-year-old singer lives elsewhere.Taylor Swift’s father ‘safe’ after fight with intruder in his Florida penthouse.While Taylor Swift was not with him at the time of the burglary, she herself has experienced a number of break-ins in recent years. pic.twitter.com/Ku76wZfFcu— Pop Crave (@PopCrave) February 18, 2020 Hoover’s mother told the newspaper that her son got lost while searching for his estranged wife and should only be charged with trespassing.The penthouse encompasses the entire top floor of one Vinoy tower and includes 5,359 square feet, three bedrooms and three full baths.
WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. — The extension of State Road 7 north in West Palm Beach has been stopped in its tracks.Monday, the city of West Palm Beach said the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers revoked the permit for the project. The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers had previously approved construction of the extension in 2017.According to the city, the Corps said this week’s action was in the public interest because the Florida Department of Transportation had not achieved necessary state water quality certification since the permit was first issued in July 2017.Environmentalists and city officials have said building the road would impact the nearby Grassy Waters Preserve, a 23-square mile wetlands ecosystem that serves as the freshwater supply for West Palm Beach, South Palm Beach and Palm Beach Island.“I am quite pleased with the decision of the Corps to revoke its permit,” said West Palm Beach Mayor Keith A. James in a written statement. “This decision will ensure the protection of our very valuable water supply source at Grassy Waters Preserve, which is of great importance to the public health and safety of our citizens and which, as we have consistently contended, would be threatened by the construction of this road.”In July 2019, FDOT withdrew its state permit application. FDOT later said it plans to resubmit an application to the South Florida Water Management District with minor design changes.However, the city of West Palm Beach said Thursday that FDOT has not refiled its application.The city says FDOT needs to reapply and obtain both federal and state permits in order to move forward with the project after the permit was pulled.This week, West Palm Beach initiated conflict resolution procedures to resolve issues with the Palm Beach Transportation Planning Agency regarding its decision to re-include the State Road 7 project earlier this year.The city says the Corps revoking their permit resolves federal litigation initiated by the city concerning the matter.People who have supported the extension have said it would ease traffic in the county and save time for drivers going north and south.The extension of the road in the western area of the city has been a point of contention for years, leading to a lawsuit by the city and millions in legal fees to stop the construction.In February, the Palm Beach Transportation Planning Agency approved adding a four-lane extension of State Road 7 from 60th Street to Northlake Boulevard to its long-range 25-year transportation plan.
WORLD CUP 2018NFF plans friendly with EnglandFemi Solaja with agency reportArgentina and Manchester City forward, Sergio Aguero, has tagged Nigeria as the least headache of the South American nation in the Group D pairings of the World Cup 2018. Despite the 4-2 defeat suffered by the Albeceleste in last monthâ€™s friendly against the Super Eagles in Krosnodar, Russia, Aguero told Argentine publication, Dobleamarilla, yesterday that he respects Croatia and is still wondering on what to expect from Iceland.The Manchester City star, in what appears a mind game, dismissed Nigeria as a team not to be worried about.Aguero described Nigeriaâ€™s victory in that friendly as â€˜accidentalâ€™ aided by his absence in the second half of the match due to the exhaustion that led to his unconsciousness and hospitalization.He told the publication that he only asked about what happened after he regained consciousness. Aguero insisted that Argentina lost because the players were thinking more about him in the hospital.â€œThat happens sometimes, because it was because they thought of me, they were scared. I do not know, â€œstressed Aguero.On Croatia, Aguero said: â€œCroatia has a great midfield. They have Luka Modric, Ivan Rakitic, there is Perisic who plays outside and heâ€™s very fast. Croatia is a bit more complete.â€He continued: â€œIceland is one of the debutants, they do not play badly, they are a very organised team and they have (Gylfi) Sigurdsson, who is the one who drives the team. We play them first; they are therefore the most important game for us. They will not be easy.â€On the overall, Aguero said it was good that Argentina was not tipped as one of the top favourites to win at Russia 2018.He believes that the pendulum of victory is likely to swing in the directions of France, Germany and Brazil.â€œItâ€™s good that they do not take us as candidates (for the trophy),â€ concludes the Man City forward.In a related development, the Super Eagles are to play a pre-World Cup friendly with England, UK-based Skysport reported yesterday.Skysport quoted the General Secretary of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF), Mohammed Sanusi, to have confirmed the proposed game.However, there is no confirmation from the English FA on the match.â€œWe plan to play a friendly against England in June, before the World Cup,â€ Sanusi told Skysport, stressing that the venue and other details of the match were still to be worked out.Both nations will feature at next yearâ€™s World Cup in Russia, with Gareth Southgateâ€™s England paired to play Belgium, Panama and Tunisia in Group G.Nigeria last played England at the 2002 World Cup in Osaka, Japan on June 12, 2002 in a match Coach Adegboye Onigbinde had to ring changes from the earlier line-up of Nigeria in the preceding matches with Argentina and Sweden.Vincent Enyeama was handed his first World Cup cap in that game.Before then, the Super Eagles had played a friendly with England on June 16, 1995 at the Wembley when Amodu Shaibu made his managerial debut with Nigeria. Eagles lost 1-0.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram