Sign up for our COVID-19 newsletter to stay up-to-date on the latest coronavirus news throughout New York A Huntington man has been arrested for allegedly driving drunk in a hit-and-run crash that killed a 9-year-old Queens girl in Brooklyn over the weekend, New York City police said.Kenneth Palache was charged with criminally negligent homicide, leaving the scene of an fatal crash and driving without a license.Police said the 62-year-old suspect was driving a Honda Odyssey minivan southbound on Remsen Avenue when he struck a westbound Hyundai Elantra and Toyota Siena on Avenue N shortly before 5 p.m. Sunday.Six people, three in each of the vehicles Palache allegedly hit, were taken to Brookdale Hospital, where Rebecca Ramnarine, a passenger in the Elantra, was pronounced dead.The NYPD’s Collision Investigation Squad detectives are continuing the investigation.Arraignment information for Palache was not immediately available.
The Croatian National Tourist Board has announced a competition for the selection seven director of the representative office on the market Austria, the Czech Republic, Slovenia, Sweden, Hungary, Slovakia and China. The Tourist Board of the CNTB has formed for the purposes of implementing the tender Committee for evaluation of received candidatures, and which was appointed in the same composition as during the implementation of the competition last year when the directors of eight foreign offices were elected. Barbara Mesić, Chief Advisor to the Minister of Tourism, was appointed President of the Commission, and the members of the Commission are representatives of the CNTB Tourist Board Boris Žgomba, Tomislav Fain and Marcel Medak, and Professor Dragan Magaš, who is a member as an external associate. After the deadline for applications, the commission will evaluate the received applications, conduct interviews with selected candidates, which will inform the Tourist Board, to which it will send its nomination proposal.”We expect that quality professionals with creative and interesting work program proposals will apply for the competition. Among the announced competitions is the one for the director of the future office in Shanghai, where we are opening our representative office for the first time, within the premises of the Croatian Chamber of Commerce. Our goal is to position our country even stronger in the large and important Chinese market. As a tourist destination, Croatia is very well recognized among our traditional European travelers, so our main long-term goal, while maintaining this status, is to open new and distant markets where we have great potential for further growth and development.”, said the director of the Croatian Tourist Board Kristjan Staničić.In addition to the conditions prescribed by the Labor Act and the Ordinance on special conditions that must be met by employees of the tourist office, interested candidates must also meet the conditions prescribed by the competition itself. Candidates, among other things, must have completed at least a specialist graduate professional or graduate university study, have at least three years of work experience in the field of tourism and / or marketing, actively know one language with knowledge of another world language, know the tourism market for which you apply and make a proposal for its representative office work program for the following calendar year.Applications and evidence of eligibility and curriculum vitae of the candidate shall be submitted no later than 15 days from the announcement of the tender in the Official Gazette, ending on April 26, 2018. years. Read the text of the public invitation with all the information in the attachment.Attachment: COMPETITION FOR THE SELECTION AND APPOINTMENT OF THE DIRECTOR OF THE REPRESENTATIVE OFFICE OF THE CROATIAN TOURIST BOARD</p>
<p><a href=”https://bs.serving-sys.com/BurstingPipe/adServer.bs?cn=brd&FlightID=24629406&Page=&PluID=0&Pos=904387822″ target=”_blank”><img src=”https://bs.serving-sys.com/BurstingPipe/adServer.bs?cn=bsr&FlightID=24629406&Page=&PluID=0&Pos=904387822″ border=0 width=1280 height=500></a></p>
Under the slogan “Keep Iowa Great,” President Donald Trump’s two older sons invited themselves to the Midwestern state Monday just hours before the first test to see which Democrat would face their father in November elections.”We’re gonna beat them again,” said Eric Trump.Iowa caucus doors were due to open at 7:00 pm (0100 GMT Tuesday), with Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders in the lead as polls cast the 78-year-old standard-bearer for the party’s left wing as the favorite. He is followed by former vice president Joe Biden.”When I see the mainstream ideals of socialism and communism actually being pushed — I know we say this as a joke and everyone’s laughing, but it’s not a joke,” warned Don Jr.”While we’ve done a lot, there’s still a lot left to be done, and Donald Trump’s gonna do that,” he added.The rally, held just before voting for the Iowa caucus began, also featured President Trump’s campaign manager Brad Parscale. A group of Republican officials, including White House acting chief of staff Mick Mulvaney and commerce secretary Wilbur Ross, were also in attendance.Parscale predicted that Sanders would do well in Iowa. And like Don Jr., Parscale mocked Joe Biden’s performance in the polls after months of campaigning in the state.”We’re here in force to show the American people that this is a real movement. This president is serious about 2020,” said Parscale.The Republican caucus will also take place in Iowa Monday, but with significantly less suspense.Although two candidates are running against Trump — Joe Walsh and Bill Weld — they are unlikely to beat the incumbent, who has the official support of the Republican Party and high popularity among his voter fan base.Topics :
County officials said Friday that a three-day funeral was held for his brother three weeks ago at a hall owned by the hospital.Shincheonji is often accused of being a cult and claims its founder Lee has donned the mantle of Jesus Christ and will take 144,000 people with him to heaven on the day of judgment.But with more church members than available places in heaven, they are said to have to compete for slots and pursue converts persistently and secretively.President Moon Jae-in on Friday called for a “thorough investigation” of everyone who attended the funeral and Shincheonji services. The central government on Friday had declared Daegu and Cheongdo “special management zones”, with Prime Minister Chung Sye-kyun saying the region would be supported with medical personnel, beds and equipment and the cabinet will meet three times a week to discuss the outbreak.Authorities in Seoul banned public rallies at three main locations on health and safety grounds.The US army garrison in Daegu — where around 10,000 soldiers, civilians and family members live or work — has restricted access and instructed any American troops who recently attended Shincheonji services to self-quarantine.Shincheonji offered an apology, suspending its worship services and gatherings worldwide.”We are deeply sorry that because of one of our members, who thought of her condition as a cold because she had not travelled abroad, led to many in our church being infected and thereby caused concern to the local community,” it said in a statement.But its leader Lee told his followers the outbreak had been “caused by the Devil” and compared it to the biblical testing of Job, Yonhap news agency reported. Authorities reported another death on Saturday, taking the toll to two. Both victims had been inpatients at the hospital.More than 150 members of the Shincheonji Church of Jesus have also been infected, starting with a 61-year-old woman who developed a fever on February 10 but attended at least four services at the church’s Daegu branch before being diagnosed.The mayor of Daegu — South Korea’s fourth-biggest city, with a population of over 2.5 million — has advised locals to stay indoors, while access to a major US military base in the area has been restricted.Cheongdo, some 27 kilometers south of Daegu, is the birthplace of Shincheonji’s founder Lee Man-hee. Topics : South Korea reported 142 more coronavirus cases Saturday, the sharpest spike in infections yet, with more than half of the new cases linked to a hospital in a southern city.The national toll of 346 is now the second-highest outside of China, with the jump in cases at a hospital in Cheongdo following a similar spike among members of a religious sect in the nearby city of Daegu. Among the new cases, 92 were “related” to patients or staff at the hospital in Cheongdo, the Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said.
Facebook10Tweet0Pin0Submitted by Melanie Bakala, State Farm AgentAs we approach the holidays, organizations work hard to make sure families in need don’t go hungry.As a way to support the Thurston and Mason County communities, State Farm Agent Melanie Bakala will be donating a Turkey to local charities in Mason and Thurston County – each time someone gets a quote for car, homeowners, or renters insurance from her office.In Lacey, turkeys will be donated to the Veteran Services Group and to families from North Thurston School District’s Salish Middle School. In Shelton, turkeys will be donated to The Saint’s Pantry.Current customers with Melanie Bakala’s office also have the opportunity to get a turkey donated – she just asks they call this office at 360.972.7905 or 360.426.2428 to find out how.This program will run from November 1 – December 14, 2018.Each State Farm Agent is an independent business, so this offer is only available for quotes done over the phone or in person with Melanie’s office at 2539 Marvin Rd NE in Lacey, or 821 W. Railroad Ave in Shelton.State Farm Agent Melanie Bakala has offices in Lacey and Shelton, WA. The offer auto, home, renters, life and disability insurance. Her agency is focused on being EPIC with every interaction as they work to help people secure their dreams for their families’ futures.