“We remain deeply concerned about the lack of oversight of this project from bodies independent of government including the BCUC and the Agricultural Land Commission,” they write. “The decision to remove the ALC from the process is concerning given the nearly 4,000 hectares of prime farmland at stake, and given recent reports into the Agriculture Minister’s attempts at interference with this independent government tribunal.” In December 2013, Bennett was quoted as saying a review of the project by the ALC would be redundant as the panel process is already looking at the impact on agricultural land. The project is also exempt from a review by the B.C. Utilities Commission, which has rejected it in the past. Horgan and Chandra also criticized the amount of general hearing sessions being held on the proposed dam. – Advertisement -“Holding a handful of meetings over the winter holidays, and only in northeastern communities, is insufficient consultation for a project that could affect the pocketbooks of people across the province. As such, I am writing to ask that you take steps to ensure the scope of the public hearings is expanded so they are accessible to the majority of British Columbians.” Community sessions in front of the Joint Review Panel resume today and tomorrow in Doig River and Halfway River, followed by general sessions in Dawson Creek. The panel will wrap up the week in the Alberta Peace with two days of hearings at the Sawridge Inn in Peace River on Friday and Saturday.Advertisement Then it’s back to FortSt. John a week from today for nine more days of hearings at the Pomeroy Hotel, running over an eleven day period, and finishing on 23rd.
DONEGAL HAVE been rocked with the news that several high-profile stars will not be available for selection for the 2017 season.Rory Kavanagh and Christy Toye, who have made 309 Donegal appearances between them, have retired from inter-county football, Donegal boss Rory Gallagher confirmed at a press conference in Ballybofey this evening.Gallagher had been hopeful that the pair would be back for another go, but the experienced duo have ended their inter-county involvement. “They’re big losses in experience,” said the Donegal manager, who also confirmed the departures of David Walsh and Anthony Thompson from his squad.The announcements are really the end of an era in Donegal, following the retirements of McFadden and Eamon McGee in the wake of the All-Ireland quarter-final loss to Dublin in August.The news serves as a blow to Donegal, who have seen Leo McLoone and Odhrán Mac Niallais opt out of the panel while it has since been confirmed that Thompson hasn’t returned to training with the squad.Gallagher said: “We were aware of all of these situations coming up the road after the Dublin game last year.” “We’re looking forward to new challenges. We talked about extending our term and that was with the new players in mind.”Donegal rocked by further retirements from county squad was last modified: January 11th, 2017 by Chris McNultyShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)