Tag: ly论坛天津

Privately-owned TV station being harassed in run-up to parliamentary elections

first_img March 6, 2009 – Updated on January 20, 2016 Privately-owned TV station being harassed in run-up to parliamentary elections Help by sharing this information News Organisation Moldovan reporters harassed by Russian soldiers on border with Transnistria Reporters Without Borders condemns a raid on the privately-owned TV station Albasat on 25 February by three interior ministry agents, who roughed up and arrested two employees, journalist Tatiana Pantilei and accountant Mihail Pantelei.“This raid was unacceptable,” Reporters Without Borders said. “We deplore the use of such methods, which recall those used in the Soviet era, and we reiterate our request to the interior ministry to guarantee the freedom and safety of independent news media, especially as elections are to take place in April.”Although they had no search warrant, the interior ministry agents tried to seize computers, hard disks and documents. They did not succeed because the two employees resisted. The agents hit them and took them to a police station, where they were subjected to a lengthy interrogation.The interior ministry said it carried out the raid because it had been told by a former Albasat employee that he signed a contract with the TV station that violated Moldova’s labour law. Albasat is also accused of not declaring 400,000 lei (30,000 euros) in profits in 2007, and of using unlicensed computer software.Created in 1995, Albasat belongs to the Euronova Media group, which believes that the station is being harassed because of the parliamentary elections in April.Reporters Without Borders appealed to the Moldovan authorities in May 2008 to guarantee the media’s freedom and safety. Moldova was ranked 98th out of 173 countries in the latest Reporters Without Borders press freedom index. MoldovaEurope – Central Asia to go further News MoldovaEurope – Central Asia July 23, 2020 Find out morecenter_img Follow the news on Moldova June 14, 2019 Find out more Transnistrian journalist gets presidential pardon in return for televised confession Receive email alerts News RSF_en Journalists must be respected during Moldova’s political crisis News May 6, 2011 Find out morelast_img read more

Kentucky governor takes action as state fights becoming next COVID-19 hot spot

first_imgAndreyKrav/iStockBy KARMA ALLEN, ABC News(FRANKFORT, Ky.) — Kentucky Gov. Andy Beshear vowed to halt a recent escalation of COVID-19 cases after reporting 17 more coronavirus-related deaths on Thursday, marking one of the state’s highest one-day death tolls since the outbreak began earlier this year.“What that shows is we are — in our total case count — in an escalation, meaning last week was more; this week will be more than that, it appears,” Beshear told reporters at a press conference Thursday.State health officials reported 910 new coronavirus cases on Thursday after shattering records earlier this week, with rural and urban areas seeing massive spikes in new infections. Of the newly reported cases, 146 were children under the age of 18 with the youngest victim being 3 months old.Last week the state saw its highest total of new infections reported over a seven-day period, but the governor said the state was on track to top that figure this week.“When we have a lot of cases, sadly a lot of death follows,” Beshear warned.The 17 coronavirus-related fatalities reported on Thursday followed four COVID-19-related deaths on Wednesday.The new deaths meant that as of Thursday, a total of 1,191 people had died from the coronavirus in Kentucky since the start of the pandemic. Seniors above the age of 80 account for more than half of those deaths.Residents between the ages of 20 and 49 account for the bulk of statewide cases, but health officials are urging residents of all ages to take the virus seriously. People in the 20-29 age group appear to have the highest rates of diagnosis, according to state data.To help combat the spread of the virus during Halloween, Beshear asked parents keep their children away from crowds and to use another approach to traditional trick-or-treating. He and state health commissioner Dr. Steven Stack asked residents to place individually wrapped candy outside on their porches, driveways or tables in lieu of the usual door-to-door trick-or-treating.“We have put together the best guidance we can for Halloween to be safe. But we can’t do things exactly like we did them before, and we all ought to know that,” Beshear said. “Having a big party right now during COVID puts everybody at risk. Let’s not ruin Halloween for our kids by it spreading a virus that can harm people they love.”The governor also doubled down on the state’s “Mask Up” campaign, encouraging other leaders to post to social media using the #MaskUpKY and #MaskUpKentucky hashtags.State officials have also announced several initiatives to keep residents engaged via social media throughout the pandemic. Most recently, the state offered residents a chance to win a a #TeamKY mask if they posted with Mask Up campaign hashtags.“Masking up has been important, but it’s more important than ever right now,” Beshear said Thursday. “Masking up is critical to stopping that escalation of cases.”Copyright © 2020, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.last_img read more

Champions League round-up: PSG see red twice in Leipzig defeat, Barca and Juve win, Sevilla in epic comeback | Football News

first_imgMorata put the Italians in front after seven minutes and curled in another on the hour.Paulo Dybala tapped in a third with 18 minutes left, before an own goal from Lasha Dvali completed the scoring for the visitors. Franck Boli netted a late consolation.The results in Group G mean Barcelona are top with nine points, Juventus second on six, with Dynamo Kyiv and Ferencvaros trailing on a point apiece.Ten-man Sevilla stage epic comeback Lionel Messi put Ronald Koeman’s men, who are struggling for domestic form, ahead from the penalty spot after just five minutes, having been tripped by Denys Popov. Gerard Pique headed in a second with 65 minutes gone following a corner.Dynamo captain Viktor Tsygankov reduced the deficit with 15 minutes left, knocking in a rebound.Alvaro Morata scored twice as Juventus won 4-1 at Ferencvaros. Cristiano Ronaldo was back in the side following his recovery from coronavirus, which saw the Portugal forward miss the defeat by Barcelona.- Advertisement – Paris Saint-Germain had two men sent off as they were beaten 2-1 by RB Leipzig at the Red Bull Arena in the Champions League on Wednesday night.The French side went ahead through Angel Di Maria after six minutes, but then had a penalty saved. Christopher Nkunku equalised just before half-time, with Emil Forsberg putting the Germans ahead from the penalty spot after 57 minutes.- Advertisement – Barcelona maintained their perfect start in the Champions LeagueImage:Barcelona maintained their perfect start in the Champions League PSG midfielder Idrissa Gueye was sent off for two yellow cards, with defender Presnel Kimpembe also seeing red in stoppage time.The result means Man Utd remain top of Group H, despite losing 2-1 at Istanbul Basaksehir, with PSG in third, three points off the top two qualification places with three games remaining.Barca maintain perfect record, Juve win Barcelona maintained their 100 per cent record in Group G with a 2-1 win over Dynamo Kyiv.- Advertisement – – Advertisement – Erling Haaland starred for DortmundImage:Erling Haaland starred for Dortmund A double from Erling Haaland helped Borussia Dortmund win 3-0 at Club Brugge.Thorgan Hazard set the Germans on their way after 14 minutes, with Haaland soon making it 2-0 and then wrapping things up with another goal after 32 minutes.Earlier, substitute Felipe Caicedo had scored a late equaliser as Lazio drew 1-1 at Zenit St Petersburg.Alexandr Erokhin put the Russians ahead after 32 minutes, which looked to have been enough for a first group-stage win, before Caicedo struck with just eight minutes left.There was more late drama as Andrei Mostovoy saw his strike in stoppage time ruled out for an offside in the build-up.The results in Group F mean Dortmund lead on six points, followed by Lazio on five, Club Brugge on four and Zenit on one. Sevilla also have seven points from three games after coming from 2-0 down to beat Krasnodar despite playing the second half with 10 men.The Russians had raced into a two-goal lead inside 20 minutes through Shapi Suleymanov’s goal and a penalty from Marcus Berg.Ivan Rakitic pulled a goal back just before half-time, with defender Jesus Navas shown a straight red card for a late tackle.The Spaniards, though, turned the match around when Youssef En-Nesyri struck twice in the space of three minutes to win 3-2.Also in Group E, Timo Werner scored twice from the penalty spot as Chelsea beat Rennes 3-0 at Stamford Bridge, meaning Chelsea and Sevilla are in control of the group with seven points each, six ahead of both Krasnodar and Rennes.Haaland gives Dortmund comfortable win Sevilla fought back from 2-0 down for a dramatic victoryImage:Sevilla fought back from 2-0 down for a dramatic victorylast_img read more

CBN Tennis Tourney Gets Top Players into ActionÂ

first_imgShare this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram Meanwhile, Central Bank of Nigeria Ag.Director Corporate Communications, Isaac Okorafor said this year’s championship which is on-going already would be special as it marks the 40th year of uninterrupted sponsorship of the annual event.Over 300 players drawn from across the country are participating in the Championshipwhich served-off on June 21 at the Package ‘B’ tennis courts of the National Stadium Abuja.The event will end on Saturday  and some of the notable players includesformer Champions, Henry Atseye, Christy Agugbom, Shehu lawal, Sarah Adegoke, Nonso Madueke, Blessing Samuel and Aanu Aiyegbusi among others.A total of N700,000 would be won by deserving champions in all the categories of play . With the qualifying series of the 40th edition of the Central Bank of Nigeria men and women Open Senior Tennis tournament  concluded yesterday, action resumes today with the commencement of main draw of the both the men’s and women’s singles events.The men and womens doubles events will also get underway later in the day just as the Wheelchair tennis event that was introduced few years ago will also see potentials Special athletes in that field also in action from noon at the main court in Abuja.The Championship which began on Saturday had witnessed some interesting results with some up coming players who were given entrance via the wide card rules are not leaving anything to chance thereby confirming the earlier position of the technical officials of fierce battle this year.Women Singles defending Champion Sarah Adegoke still sees herself as the player to beat. According to her, “every player is a potential threat to her tittle defence and I will not underrate anyone in the course of defending my singles’ tittle,” she responded yesterday as she gets herself into action later this afternoon. If junior MaryLove Edward can come from nowhere and beat all her seniors to face me in the 2017 finals, then no player must be seen as a minor anymore and this is a pointed to the fact that the younger players as set to take over by using tournaments like this as a platform,” she pointed out.last_img read more